And so, I've readjusted my playlist to loop in songs that help my soul to be still...I hope they will refresh yours as well.
1. Coventry Carol- Loreena McKennit
2. The Holly and the Ivy- Erin Bode
3. Still Still Still- Found Wandering
4. Wexford Carol - Celtic Women
5. In the Bleak Mid Winter- Sarah McLachlan
6. Away in a manger- Sufjan Stevens
7. Ding Dong Merrily on High- Crouch End Festival Choir and Prague Philharmonic
8 The First Noel- London Symphony
9. Silent Night- Sarah McLachlan
10 God rest ye merry Gentleman- Loreena McKennit
While there is a sprinkling of traditional hymns in this mix...I love the freshness of less common carols and less traditional versions...I love when the music sounds peaceful and even a little haunting.
Can you imagine what it must have been like at the time when Jesus was born?
"Strange" things were in the air...maybe even erie. Lights in the sky, a new star, angels....these are not normal everyday things...But starlight is peaceful. And Angels are heavenly. And people knew to be watching based on what what had been foretold. I love Christmas music that reflects the wonder, and awe and fear of things we do not understand...
Do you have any wonderful, peaceful songs to add? Please share...