.         L i f e         .         S t y l e         .         B e a c h         .          G a r d e n         .         F l a v o r         .         H o m e      .

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy New Year (Twelve Days Late)


I like New Years Resolutions. I feel like every blog out there has someone confessing that they hate them....which is fine for you...but am I alone? Surely there is someone else out there that likes making them too.

I really do like New Years Resolutions. Not in the "I'm going to loose 10 pounds this year" and then gain ten pounds sort of way. But more in the "these are areas of my life that I would like to develop and hope I actually do it kind" of way. I find it very exciting to set new goals and think about the things in my life I would like to start, or change, or do differently. A new year is like a clean slate, an empty page (or 365 of them) and why not fill fill it up with ideas you'd like to see become reality on those pages? (BTW, I found the journal below AFTER I finished this post...had to add it. It was just too too...)


journal @ blanka.uk

For the past few Januaries I have written my thoughts about the coming year in my journal, make a mental note of them, and then go on my merry way into the year. Then, at the end of the year if I am really organized, I can look back and see if last years resolutions came true. (*note, this year, I did NOT look back at last years journal and I am ok with that. Sort of. Actually, maybe I will go find that journal when I am done with this post.)

Now you may be wondering, What's the point of going through the trouble of making resolutions if you are not even going to hold yourself accountable complete them?

Fair question.

I do it because life on earth goes by quickly and if I at least think about my goals at the beginning of the year....the most important ones will rise to the surface as each day passes...and the one's that aren't important can be tossed to the wayside or saved for another year.

So what types of "resolutions" am I talking about here?

Here is a mere sampling of things I'd like to accomplish this year:

1. Use my own Grocery Bags instead of the ones in the store.
2. Print my digital photos from the past two years and put them into albums (ahhh the one curse of digital! You really have to put in effort to do this regularly. If you have pointers I am all ears)
3. Do some type of exercise every day (even a ten minute walk...anything goes!)

I do have more but I'm still a little shy about spilling ALL my guts on line. But that wasn't so hard was it?

I think the main thing I'm going for is...living life intentionally. Doing things that I like to do or things that are good for me...and letting go of things that I do that really aren't that important to me. To my husbands chagrin, I am not giving up making the bed.

I hope you find something inspiring to shoot for this year----and if it's not the moon, who the heck cares? Stars shine brighter anyway. :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails