.         L i f e         .         S t y l e         .         B e a c h         .          G a r d e n         .         F l a v o r         .         H o m e      .

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Target, you're all right.


I know everyone and their mother in blog land has a confession to make, but so do I and it's a good way to start a blog entry so here I go:

I have a confession to make:
I don't really love Target. I don't even like it that much.

Gasp! I know. How could I dismiss all that cute trendy stuff on the cheap?

Naturally I do really like it when I find a surprisingly cute jacket for $24.00, or inexpensive make-up brushes, or need gift wrap last minute. But on the whole, the smell of their candle isle permeates the whole store and makes me ill and most clothes I ever buy there fall apart after a second washing. Hey, I might even take the ratty clothes but that candle smell just gets to me!

Despite the fact I have reserved Target trips for sunscreen and toilet paper purchases, I went there this morning to check out the Liberty of London line to see how Target treated something I do love and I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I found most of the Liberty Print clothes adorable and I bet you would too....


And even if you aren't up for wearing a punchy print, perhaps your purse would welcome a new wallet....


Or your bathroom a bright (unscented thank you) candle?


Away from the Liberty section, I happy to find these really pretty soap pumps that look like those old fashioned soda jars! (Side note: Wouldn't it be so cute to buy all all three and keep them by your kitchen sink. One for hands soap, one for dish soap and one for lotion? Too bad I personally do not have $40.00 to spend on soap dispensers. If you do, go for it! Live my soap dispenser dream!)


If I were pregnant I would probably be wearing one of these fun springy numbers to my Easter Sunday service (so much cuter in person!)...


And, for my (rare) night out on the town I am willing to pay $16.99 for a ruffly mini skirt that may not last forever---but hey neither will my 29 year old legs!



So, this all being said, maybe Target isn't so bad after all. If they only they could get every Perfumer in France to work on that candle isle! Next time you are in Target, take a deep breath. I'm pretty sure you'll smell what I mean.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!! Everyone loves it, and I do for certain things, but on the whole - eh... My target also stinks compared to others I've heard about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuff looks fun and cute but I too don't love Target as much as everyone else does. I don;t really think it is that cheap! Maybe it's just my profesora budget? Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a ruffly mini skirt that may not last forever---but hey neither will my 29 year old legs!" ~ you are too funny!

    LOVE the soap dispensers. IKEA has some similar bottles {without the pumps} that I've considered purchasing that are much easier on the wallet!

    Speaking of, the LoL wallets are cute as well!

    Hope you have a great Easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I can't wait to follow you in Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails